Where intentional creators gather, play, and relax.
This might be one of the most challenging holiday seasons for you, if you're paying even the slightest bit of attention to the political landscape this year.
Nonetheless, there are simple, cost-free, no hassle ways to make the entire season more enjoyable for yourself and decrease stress levels.
5 Tips for a Stress-free Holiday Experience
1. When someone asks you what you thought of the election this year, simply nod and smile.
I'm not kidding. Don't answer that question. Instead, simply ask, "Do you love (or you can say, like) me?"
If the person replies, "Yes, of course I love (like) you," that's your cue to smile even bigger, and stay silent. Don't answer the question, whatever you do. Just show your love with your body language.
If they respond no, walk away. Find a way to fill that moment with love for yourself.
2. As food gets passed at the table, and your favorite dish is missing, simply nod and smile. When Aunt Suzie keeps glaring at your plate asking you why you're not eating, that's your cue to smile even bigger and ask, "Aunt Suzie, do you love me?"
When she says, "Yes, of course I do, darling!" that's your cue to smile even bigger, stay silent and eat only what you want.
3. If you don't want to attend that holiday gathering that you've always attended, at that place you never enjoyed .... don't go. Taking action from a sense of frustrated obligation will only get you more like energy experiences.
When they call, asking you where you are, that's when you ask, "Do you love me?"
When they say, "Yes, but why aren't you here? You promised." That's your cue to say, "I love you, too. I'll see you next week when things calm down."
4. Take a walk around the block instead of sitting all day. You can go alone, or invite your three year old cousin, but keep your body moving. On the walk, when the three year old asks why you're taking a walk during the party, that's your cue to ask, "Cousin, do you love me?"
No sane three year old is going to say no. That's when you smile big and say, "I love you, too. Isn't it wonderful that we get to share this incredible moment together?"
5. Use the extra time off work to engage your imagination regarding the ideas that make you feel happy in life.
This list was generated from the idea that you don't need to defend yourself, or your beliefs, to anyone. You are love, and being love feels good.
If you simply nod and smile, then do something that feels good to you, you'll be redirecting your energy upward toward positivity.